Software Box Limited (“SBL”) together with any group companies (“we” “us” “ours”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data.
How and why we process your data
We will collect your data when you engage with us over various media (telephone, email or via our website). This will be transactional data when you request information or purchase a product or service from us.
We collect your data to enable the transaction for goods or services that you request from SBL. This information is necessary for providing any pre sales information you have requested, the delivery of goods or services and the support that you expect from SBL.
Types of data we collect
The data we collect includes, but is not limited to, your name, job title, company/establishment name, postal address, telephone number, email address, billing and shipping information.
SBL do not collect or process sensitive personal data (race, ethnic origin, political opinion, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, sexual orientation of health data).
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example to provide you with our goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Data processing principles
To ensure your data is being processed correctly, we have adopted the following general principles for data processing:
– SBL are committed to abiding by data protection legislation;
– We only collect and process your personal data (information which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data) if we have a legal basis for the processing under applicable laws, for example:
- i. We have your consent,
- ii. It is necessary for the performance of a contract,
- iii. We legally are obliged to do so, and
- iv. We have a legitimate interest and the processing does not harm you.
– We will only collect what is necessary and not collect or store excessive amounts of data;
– We will store, process and destroy the data securely;
– We only process your personal information for the original purpose that it was intended;
– We do not disclose your personal information to other persons or companies outside SBL, unless we have an agreement with you or unless we are legally obliged to do so.
– We use high technical standards to protect your personal information. This includes protecting it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
– We do not store your personal information longer than what is necessary to serve the purposes for which the personal information was collected.
Who We Share Your Data with
We may need to disclose your information to third parties for the performance of a contract with you, to meet a legal obligation of for our legitimate interests, which may include but is not limited to:
- – data from our selected partners who have identified a lead for the sale of a product or service to you;
- – third party vendor, reseller, distributor, sub-contractor or partner for the supply of goods and services that you have requested, if it is necessary for the performance of the contract. These external companies are only authorised to use your data for the purpose of providing the contract;
- – staff members in order to facilitate the provision of goods or services to you;
– our affiliated entities to support internal administration;
- – postal/courier service providers;
- – professional advisers including consultants, lawyers, bankers and insurers who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- – HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances; and
- – third parties who we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or assets.
Visitors to Our Website
We use Google Analytics cookies to collect data about the visitors to the site which includes the number of visitors, session duration, pages visited during the session etc. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply different terms to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice/policy of every website you visit.
We also use your information to send you personal communications for events or services that may be of interest to you. These may include information about webinars, events, products and services. You can opt-out of marketing communications at any time – email Marketing@softbox.co.uk
Data Retention and Disposal
We retain your data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose that we collected it for, including the satisfaction of any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. This includes data for tax and accounting requirements under applicable law. If you make a purchase from SBL, we will keep the information for tax and accounting requirements under applicable law.
Data is reviewed regularly and only retained where necessary. To determine the appropriate retention period of your data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from a loss of confidentiality to the data and any legal requirements.
Once any legal requirements have expired for the data, we destroy all data associated with you and the product or service that you have purchased.
The confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. SBL use reasonable physical, technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information you provide to us.
All data collected by SBL is stored on our own IT system that is administered by SBL staff. The SBL IT system has been accredited to ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials Plus and the IASME Gold standard.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com . In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
- – update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- – remove your personal data from our database entirely;
- – send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity; or
- – restrict the use of your personal data.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Please send any requests relating to the above to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
From time to time, SBL may need to update or modify this policy to reflect changes in our business practices, data collection practices or organisation. We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended policy on this website. It is recommended to check the website regularly. We will in any case not reduce your rights.
SBL welcome any comment regarding this policy. Please contact email@example.com. This is in addition to your right to contact the Information Commissioners Office if you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues you raise at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Last updated: 24th May 2018