SBL are looking for a full-time Service Designer to join their team.
SBL are a technology services provider to public sector and corporate organisations. Having recently been acquired by a private technology entrepreneur, our future is building innovative products and services utilising next-generation technologies to take to market. This role exists within a recently created Innovation Design Team, where we believe the success of the organisation really lies. We are looking for someone who is passionate about innovation, understands the landscape today and what the future looks like, and will help us to build world-class services that our customers will find relevant and engaging. We have started the journey, but we have a long way to go, with a huge challenge ahead. The ride will be a lot of fun and incredibly rewarding.
Key Function of Role:
To define and create simple, standardised and repeatable IT products and services to be sold by SBL sales teams for both corporate and public Sector customers
- Assisting in research and identification of relevant and innovative products and services to design and take to market
- Working closely with sales, technical and marketing staff to understand technologies required for product build
- Working with marketing and branding teams to create customer collateral for new products and services
- Work alongside technical and operational teams to up-skill for service delivery
- Working within budgets and timelines
- Ability to define and create profitable cost models for products and services
- Researching similar products and developing ideas
- Producing reports and presenting their ideas to colleagues and clients at various stages of the design process
- Modifying ideas according to the feedback they receive at these sessions
- Overseeing the testing of the chosen design
- Making presentations to potential clients in order to win new contracts
- Work to a target to be defined once in role
- Ability to be INNOVATIVE, think outside the box and do things that make our products and services differentiated from the rest of the market
- At least 2 years’ experience of building end-to-end standardised products and services related to cloud, ideally with Microsoft CSP relevance
- Experience in working within a start-up mentality, or within a new small team in a larger organisation
- Having previously worked alongside technical teams to articulate the features/benefits of new products and services
- Having previously worked alongside marketing teams to assist in the go-to-market collateral for new products and services
- Some understanding of finances and ability to assist in building profitable cost models would be an advantage
- Some Experience in presenting to senior stakeholder and C-level customers would be an advantage
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.