Here at SBL, we are a UK based client and technology focused service provider within the public sector and corporate space. Having recently been acquired by a private technology entrepreneur – our future is building innovate products and services to take to market based on next-generation technologies. During our exciting period of growth, we are looking to onboard an experienced and ambitious Senior Developer to join our Innovation Design team.
This role is in a recently created Innovation Design team, where we believe the success of the organisation really lies. We are looking for someone who is passionate about innovation, understands how to build intelligence into solutions and uses modern development techniques. They have an eye for the future and will help us to build world class services which will ensure we deliver quality but with agility and automation. We have started the journey, but we have a long way to go, with a huge challenge ahead – but the ride will be a lot of fun and incredibly rewarding.
What you’ll be doing
- As the first key development role at SBL help shape our development direction with an expectation to become the Lead Developer of our development team.
- Understand business process and think innovatively to establish where technology and reduce risk to a process and ensure quality
- Work with internal stakeholders to join our internal systems together to allow the business to automate processes for the benefit of our internal and external customers.
- Design, build and deliver a business platform that allows SBL to securely deliver services and information to our customers.
- Deliver business portals for use internally to securely deliver information.
- Working within the Innovation team to deliver the development required for new products and services
- Work alongside technical and operational teams to provide development capability
- Working within budgets and timelines
- Researching and developing ideas
- Producing reports and presenting their ideas to colleagues and clients at various stages of the development process
- Modifying ideas according to the feedback they receive at these sessions
- Overseeing the testing of the chosen solution
- Work to a target to be defined once in role
What experience you’ll bring
- Ability to be INNOVATIVE, think outside the box and do things that make our products and services differentiated from the rest of the market
- Experience building or developing business web applications with front ends
- Experience of integrating APIs into business process to automate and integrate disparate systems.
- Experience working with Azure and AWS serverless functions and modern database technologies.
- Experience of industry standard CI/CD pipeline development approaches.
- Specific languages are not essential however .Net, Java and Python or similar would be expected
- Experience in working within a start-up mentality, or within a new small team in a larger organisation
- Experience building a development practise and building out development capability
- Experience in presenting to senior stakeholder and C-level customers would be an advantage
- Experience interfacing with ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics would be an advantage
- Some experience with Microsoft PowerPlatform would be an advantage
What we offer you
- The opportunity to network with new and emerging technologies and services and engage with some of the largest UK public sector customers
- A fun, safe working environment based upon trust, collaboration and respect
- A great challenge in an inclusive and supporting team
- An exciting and dynamic workplace in the centre of York
- A work-life balance with flexible working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity policies
- Employee Assistance Program, available to your household family
Unlock your power and potential with SBL Careers
SBL embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. SBL does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence and business need.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.