SBL are a UK-based client and technology focused service provider within the public sector and corporate space. Having recently been acquired by a private technology entrepreneur, our future is building innovate products and services to take to market based on next-generation technologies. During our exciting period of growth, we are looking to onboard an experienced and ambitious Bids Administrator to join our Bids and Tenders team.
In the role of Bids Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting the Bids Team to engage with the wider Sales Team whilst providing administrative support to the Bids Team. You will be responsible for tracking and allocating opportunities received through the bids function to the relevant team member. You will also be responsible for supporting the Sales Teams with portal access, Tender Documentation and managing the accuracy of information within the portal access database. You will be set objectives set by your line manager in line with company and personal targets.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure Opportunities are distributed and allocated in a timely manner
- Initial high-level assessment of opportunities for appropriateness to the Company.
- Maintain and update portal access database with information from Sales Teams.
- Provide portal navigation for the Sales Teams and support in general queries.
- Maintain and update opportunity tracking system accurately.
- Seek outcomes and feedback from customers on behalf of the Sales Teams and Bids Team.
- Collate “no bid” activity from the Bids Team, Sales Teams, and Framework Business Team.
- Collate success rates of the Bids Team, Sales Teams, and Framework Business Team.
- Collate and report against information relating to performance against Framework objectives.
- Continuous development of team processes and systems with feedback to the Bids Manager.
- Manage team inbox and respond to customer queries
- Identify trends within wider company performance.
- Maintain team documentation and continually update company information resources.
- Work with supporting teams to regularly improve resources available.
What experience you’ll bring
- A proactive approach to work
- Professional conduct; in all communications
- Confident, polite and helpful telephone manner
- Timely attendance and punctuality
- Ability to innovate and identify improvements
- Dependable and reliable
- A high degree of accuracy
- Analytical thinker
- Good basic IT skills, particularly in MS Word and Excel
- Strong team skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
What we offer you
- The opportunity to network with new and emerging technologies and services and engage with some of the largest UK public sector customers
- A fun, safe working environment based upon trust, collaboration and respect
- A great challenge in an inclusive and supporting team
- An exciting and dynamic workplace in the centre of York
- A work-life balance with flexible working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity policies
- Employee Assistance Program, available to your household family
Unlock your power and potential with SBL Careers
SBL embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. SBL does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence and business need.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.