SBL are looking for a Bid Writer to join their expanding team.
Key Functions of Role
- To support the Bids and Tender function focussing on supporting with Tenders,
- To support the wider Sales Teams with proposals as required within and outside of Public Sector IT Framework Agreements.
- To provide on-going assistance to the Bid Manager in the management of SBL’s relationships with Contracting Authorities and Procurement Bodies responsible for major Frameworks and Projects within the Public Sector.
- To liaise with various departments to promote initiatives that enhance and develop SBL business working towards the annual business plan.
To carry out a varied selection of duties including, but not limited to:
- To edit, proof, and correct content in preparation for Bid submissions, presenting work to the Bid Manager for approval.
- To collate, store, and distribute content that can be used within Bids and Proposals, working with various teams to co-ordinate and organise Bid content.
- To provide on-going support to Sales Teams in the production of proposals in response to “Mini-tenders”, “Mini-competitions”, or “Further competitions” (typically generated through PS Framework Agreements), keeping up to date records that assist with the co-ordination of this activity.
- To keep accurate and up to date Management Information to support the Bid Manager informing various stakeholders across the company of Bid progress and success rate.
- To seek out new working practices that streamline the Bids function, improving its quality and efficiency, whilst ensuring any amendments and enhancements to procedures are clearly documented within the company Quality Management system.
- To maintain an agile and proactive focus upon the development of business through this function, providing a prompt response to reasonable requests commensurate with the remit of this Job Description.
To comply with all company policy, procedures and other instructions as may from time to time be issued including Health, Safety, Environmental, Security and HR documentation.
- Self starter who can work on owns initiative
- Excellent communication skills for team working, reporting to peers, and communicating with both Partners and Customers.
- Excellent written skills, good command of English (proven)
- Competent knowledge of MS Office platform, inc use of Word & Excel
- Technical or IT Industry knowledge desirable
- Proposal or Bid writing experience desirable
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.